Education Level: Bachelor
Experience: 10 Years
The position reports to the Chief Investment Officer of S.L. King & Associates and is responsible for a range of operational responsibilities through the PE investment life cycle, most notably business development, financial modeling and analysis, and ongoing relationship management with existing portfolio companies.
- Conduct research for in-depth trends and specific industry analysis, to identify international funding sources and relevant regulatory & legal issues (for sector reports & research papers) and on other topics as assigned.
- Support due diligence on prospective investees, and perform a rigorous assessment of investment opportunities, including analyzing financial information (historic accounts and projections) and related business plans.
- Prepare valuations, financial models, and projections for prospective investment opportunities.
- Prepare research reports, detailed investment memoranda, and recommendations for Investment Directors, as well as assist in presenting investments to the Investment Committee for approval.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, structuring, and closing quasi-equity and equity investments across Africa.
- Support portfolio companies with value-add initiatives, such as helping to create financial models, performing analytics to influence business decisions, and implementing appropriate financial management systems.
- With input from investee management, prepare reports for quarterly/regular reviews of portfolio companies.
- Perform semi-annual and year-end investment valuations for portfolio companies.
- Manage communications and reporting for select portfolio companies.
- Prepare proceedings for various internal meetings.
- Advanced financial modeling and valuation skills
- CFA, CPA and/or MBA (or a Masters’ degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting or Economics)
- Minimum of five years of experience in business consulting, investment or banking sectors
- Excellent knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to operate independently to achieve optimal results.
- Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills are required.
- International and multicultural experience, proficiency in French or Portuguese is a plus
- Ability to work independently with a high level of responsibility
- Strong work ethic with good attention to detail